Helpful Hygiene Tips When Staying At Home
- by XpatAthens
- Sunday, 22 March 2020
Staying home and particularly stringent social distancing measures make us all a bit more sensitive about maintaining good personal hygiene habits. Here are some helpful tips to help you stay 'on top' of good hygiene during the #stayhome period.
- Keep your home well-ventilated throughout the day and especially in the morning.
- Visitors and non-essential caregivers are not recommended.
- Limit all non-essential outdoor time and if you do head outside, be sure to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20+ seconds. This is especially important after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food (soap and water are the best option, especially if hands are visibly dirty; otherwise you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can and immediately wash your hands afterward.
- Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people in your home. After using these items, wash them well with soap and water.
- Be sure to keep high-touch surfaces and devices clean with a disinfectant.
- Regularly clean and disinfect the bathroom.
This content has been sourced and prepared by Codico Lab.