The Washington Oxi Day Foundation
is offering the following scholarships to five Greek-American students (Grades 6-12) who best describe “philotimo”
First Place: $2,000 scholarship and an invitation to the Foundation’s October 24 black tie gala in Washington, DC, where the winner will be recognized
Second Place: $1,000 scholarship (two)
Third Place: $500 scholarship (two)
How To Apply
2. In 500 words, or less, answer one of the following questions:
• What does philotimo mean to you?
• What are some extraordinary examples of philotimo that you have seen?
• What are some of the things you can do in your daily life to exhibit philotimo?
• How can philotimo improve your life?
Submit your answer to the Foundation via email
by Friday, October 4
To learn more about Washington Oxi Day Foundation, please click here