Greece Announces Lifting Of Covid-19 Restrictions For Summer Tourism Season
- by XpatAthens
- Friday, 29 April 2022
Greece's vital summer tourism season has officially begun. With the country expecting high numbers of visitors this year, the decision to lift COVID-19 restrictions throughout the summer tourism period was made and authorities will consider reinstating them in September.
- As of May 1, 2022, the public will no longer need to present coronavirus vaccination or illness certificates to enter indoor or open spaces such as restaurants.
- Students will no longer be required to regularly present negative self-tests starting May 1, 2022.
- Unvaccinated employees will have to present 1 negative Rapid Antigen Test per week to access their workspace as of May 1, 2022.
- From May 1 until August 31, 2022, all venues will be able to operate at full capacity (100 percent).
- Wearing masks indoors will no longer be mandatory as of June 1, 2022 with some exceptions that will be announced shortly
Article sources used above: gtp.gr and naftemporiki.gr.