Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- by XpatAthens
- Thursday, 09 December 2021
If you are looking to make a sweet edible treat this Christmas, also ideal as a small gift, try these decadent Sokolatenia Troufakia (chocolate truffles) with dark chocolate, walnuts, and Petit Beurre biscuits.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for over a week, as long as they are in an airtight container.
160g dark chocolate
180g Petit Beurre biscuits
1/2 cup full cream milk
1/3 cup fresh cream
1 tablespoon liqueur
1 & 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and completely melt over low heat in a double boiler.
- Place biscuits in a large bowl and crush them into very small pieces. Add a quarter of a cup of chopped walnuts.
- Pour melted chocolate over biscuits and walnuts and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Add milk, fresh cream, and liqueur and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and place in refrigerator (not freezer) for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and take a teaspoon of the mixture and begin forming them into ball-like shapes by rolling the mixture in your palms. It makes it easier by wearing food handling gloves, otherwise wet your hands with water in between each truffle.
- Roll each truffle into the chopped walnuts and place them back in the refrigerator covered tightly until ready to serve.
Originally published on: greekcitytimes.com