Delicious Hot Chocolate
- by XpatAthens
- Tuesday, 07 December 2021
Nothing says Christmas like a steaming cup of delicious hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and marshmallows!
Add a fireplace, some cute Christmassy pajamas, and a bit of Mariah Carey and you've got yourself the perfect festive night.
- 480g soy milk
- 2 - 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 50g chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- whipped cream
- chocolate couverture, melted
- hazelnut chocolate spread, grated
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour half of it into a mug. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder to the remaining milk in the saucepan.
- Heat until it comes to a boil while whisking continuously.
- Lower heat and cook the mixture for another 2 minutes, until the sugar and cocoa powder have melted and are completely incorporated.
- Remove from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until it melts.
- Add the rest of the milk and stir until completely combined.
- Serve with whipped cream, marshmallows, melted chocolate, and sprinkle with grated chocolate.