Comicdom Con Athens 2018
- by Hellenic American Union
Comicdom Con Athens meets once again with comics fans at the Hellenic American Union and the Institut français de Grèce à Athènes and transforms an entire neighborhood of Neapolis into the largest comics’ celebration.
International guests of this years’ festival include among others:
- The acclaimed New Zealander comics artist Roger Langridge (ΤΗΕ MUPPET SHOW, POPEYE)
- The British comics writer Simon Spurrier (X-MEN LEGACY, STAR WARS: APHRA, ΤΗΕ DREAMING, THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE)
- The award winning French comics creator and collaborator of the Louvre Museum Nicolas de Crécy
- The award winning Israeli comics creator Rutu Modan (EXIT WOUNDS, THE PROPERTY)
- The up and coming comics artist from Turkey Sümeyye Kesgin
- The creators of the graphic novel EXARCHEIA: L’ORANGE AMÈRE Nicolas Wouters and Dimitri Mastoros
- The graphic designer Emma Price.
Comicdom Con Athens 2018 features also include comics exhibitions, film screenings, workshops for scriptwriting and illustrating, a children’s program, a bazaar of Greek comics shops and publishers, the artists' alley, the self publishers' alley, the Greek Comics Awards.
Also, the ever more popular Comicdom Cosplay contest, which is the national qualifying competition for the London Eurocosplay.
Comidom Con Athens 2018 is organized by Comicdom Press, the Hellenic American Union and the Institut français de Grèce à Athènes.