Elafonissi In Crete Voted 2nd Best Beach In Europe
- by XpatAthens
- Thursday, 03 March 2016
The beach of Elafonissi,located on the Greek island of Crete, was ranked among the 14 best beaches in the world and the second best in Europe for 2016, according to the Travellers’ Choice Awards — the largest travel platform in the world, TripAdvisor.
In addition, five other Greek beaches, Limnionas on Zakynthos, Balos, Agios Pavlos, Sarakiniko on Milos and Egremni on Lefkada were also included on the list of the 15 best beaches in Europe.
The beaches included on TripAdvisor’s lists had the best user reviews in the last 12 months, both regarding quantity and quality.
The lists were as follows:
Top 15 beaches in the world
1. Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho, Brazil
3. Playa Paraiso, Cayo Largo, Cuba
4. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
5. Cayo de Agua, Los Roques National Park, Venezuela
6. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
7. Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Balearic Islands
8. Ngapali Beach, Ngapali, Myanmar
9. West Bay Beach, Honduras
10. Nacpan Beach, El Nido, Philippines
11. Maho Beach, Cruz Bay, St. John
12. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands
13. Sharm El Luli, Marsa Alam, Egypt
14. Elafonissi, Greece
15. Playa Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
To read the Top 25 Best Beaches In Europe, please visit: Greek Reporter