Chicken With Hilopites Pasta
- by XpatAthens
- Friday, 20 February 2015
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: 5 – 6
• 1 medium sized chicken (about 1.200 grams) or just thighs and breast
• 500 grams Chilopites pasta
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 4 ripe tomatoes peeled and blended with 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 cups water plus 2 more cups of boiled water
1. Wash the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Blend the tomatoes in a food processor with tomato pasta.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place it in a baking dish. If you are cooking a whole chicken place the breast facing down.
3. Add the olive oil, half the water and the tomatoes.
4. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C and roast the chicken, turning once. When roasted, remove chicken to a platter and add the remaining hot water. Bring to a boil and then add pasta. Stir a couple of times until the pasta is cooked (about 20 minutes) and if needed add more hot water.
5. Serve, grating some Greek dried Myzithra, graviera, kefalotyri, halloumi or any other hard cheese on top.