Traditional Greek Bulgur Salad - Pligourisalata
- by XpatAthens
- Monday, 16 May 2016
There is no better time than Spring to make a traditional Greek Bulgur salad as a tasty and light meal. Kiki Vagianos, from The Greek Vegan, shares a favorite vegan dish that uses the traditional Greek bulgur and is similar to tabouli. This bulgur salad is loaded with nutrients, filled with fresh vegetables and herbs and dressed simply with lemon juice and olive oil.
Kiki says bulgur salad is one of her favorite quick lunches. With a pita pocket stuffed with hummus and a few big spoonfuls of bulgur salad – you’ll never feel that 3pm slump with this for lunch, she promises you!
- 1 cup dried bulgur (soaked in 1/2 cup water for 1 hour)
- 3 cups chopped parsley (just under a bunch)
- 2 cups chopped cilantro (approx 1/2 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped mint (1/3 of a bunch)
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp salt/pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil