VAT Reduction Comes Into Effect
- by XpatAthens
- Monday, 20 May 2019
1. Bread, pitta bread, rusks, salted crackers
2. Salt, vinegar, lemon, and refrigerated bouillon
3. Salted & smoked fish and fish roe.
4. Biscuits, cookies, chocolate, spoon sweets, peanut butter, chocolate spreads, ice cream, and others.
6. Cold deserts such as puddings, rice puddings, jellos and others.
7. Cereals (excluding oats)
8. Fresh and frozen dough & fyllo products
9. Coffee and teas
10. Jams and preserves
11. Tomato sauces and puree
13. Fruits and vegetables
14. Dried fruits and nuts
15. Margarine and vegetable oils
17. Ready-made packaged meals
18. Frozen potatoes
Furthermore, VAT will be reduced to 6% from 13% on electricity and gas bills. Restaurant and cafeteria meals are also subject to VAT reduction from 24% to 13%, excluding drinks.