Merry Christmas with these amazing festive sweet butter cookies! If you haven’t tried kourabiedes (Greek Christmas butter cookies) before, then you are certainly missing out. Soft, buttery, and fluffy with a crunchy bite and rich almond (or pistachio if you are feeling adventurous). This super easy kourabiedes recipe will definitely get you in a festive mood!
Kourabiedes are a delicious traditional Greek treat, packed with the aromas of fresh butter and roasted almonds and garnished with luscious layers of icing sugar - they are the ultimate Christmas cookie! This recipe is ready to bake in less than 15 minutes.
• 250g butter made from cows milk, cold (9 ounces) (Lurpak unsalted)
• 150g almonds, roughly chopped or almond slivers, roasted (6 ounces)
• 50g almonds (whole) or almond slivers, raw (1.8 ounces). Alternatively you can also give pistachios a try
• 75g icing sugar (2.7 ounces)
• 1 tbsp rose water
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• 300g all-purpose flour (10.6 ounces)
• lots of icing sugar for powdering
To see the full recipe and preparation instructions, please visit: My Greek Dish