Traditional Greek Salad - Choriatiki
- by XpatAthens
- Thursday, 30 April 2020
If you have visited Greece, you must have seen the famous Greek salad named "Choriatiki salata" (village salad) listed on most restaurants' menus. It's undeniably a Greek summer in a bowl and you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen wherever you are in the world.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
4 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into medium chunks
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 slice Greek feta cheese
- Pinch of dried Greek oregano
- 1/4 cup top quality extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Kalamata olive
- Squirt of lemon and sea salt to taste
Add all the ingredients together (except for the feta) into a bowl and toss them. Then top with the slice of feta and drizzle some extra olive oil and add a pinch of oregano if you like.
To view this recipe in full, please visit: Lemon & Olives