Excellent Page-Turners To Keep You Reading!
- by XpatAthens
- Thursday, 21 May 2020
5 Non-Fiction Books:
1. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
2. Educated by Tara Westover
3. Billion Dollar Whale: The Man Who Fooled Wall Street, Hollywood, and the World by Tom Wright & Bradley Hope
4. Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man's Fight for Justice by Bill Browder
5. I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa by Charles Brandt
5 Fiction Books:
1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
2. The Woman in the Window: A Novel by A.J. Finn
4. Little Fires Everywhere: A Novel by Celeste Ng Harlan Coben follows Wilde, a man of a mysterious path, as he tries to find a missing girl.
5. After - The First Book In The After Series by Anna Todd
All of the recommendations have been ‘tried and tested’ by our friend and contributor Eleni Maria Georgiou. Thank you, Eleni!
About Eleni Maria Georgiou
Eleni Maria Georgiou is an independent writer and publishing professional devoted to creating books that are creative, original, and modern.
Passionate about Athens and all the city has to offer, for four exciting years, I co-managed XpatAthens. This experience inspired me to write my first book, Eleni’s GREEK PHRASE BOOK: A Beginner's Guide to Greek Culture and the Greek Language in 2018, sparking the birth of Lenacke Press. I continue to write, think about, and publish creative and original books, adding to the Lenacke Press collection.
In addition, since 2004, I have been running fixyourenglish.com, a business that provides Editing, Proofreading, and Translation services.
I currently live in Athens, Greece with my husband and two kids. I am fluent in both English and Greek and interested in learning more languages. I like organizing and attending community group events, reading, listening to podcasts and audiobooks, writing, lifting weights, and going hiking.