A 10-Step Guide To Making The Perfect Omelet
- by XpatAthens
- Monday, 12 August 2019
1. Use 3 eggs
2. Season with salt and pepper and whisk the eggs carefully.
3. Be sure to incorporate the yolk and the white together well and whisk the mixture right before pouring it in the pan.
4. Coat a pan with butter or cooking spray and heat over high heat.
5. Use butter for a stronger flavor or olive oil for a healthier choice.
6. If you have decided to fill your omelet with vegetables that need time to cook (such as mushrooms, peppers or onion), pat them dry and add them first. After sauteing your vegetables move on to the next step.
7. Pour in the mixture in the saucepan and use your spatula to gently move cooked egg in from the edge of the pan to the center. You can also add cheese, cold cuts and herbs of your choice.
8. Tilt and turnpan to make sure that any uncooked egg fills-in any empty spaces.
9. With a fork or a spatula move the omelet’s sides and make sure that the bottom does not stick to the pan.
10. Cover the pan with the lid and flip your omelet. Let the bottom brown slightly and serve.