How To Detox For The Summer In 6 Easy Steps
- by XpatAthens
- Thursday, 04 April 2019
Just before you hit the beach is the right time to go on a healthy detox without straining your body. A healthy detox will take away the bloating, make your skin glow, and deliver a well-deserved energy boost.
Detox is a process that cleans the body and eliminates the free radicals, heavy metals, and toxins that we absorb through the environment, the air, the water, the food we consume, smoking, and stress.
There are many detoxifying "diets" out there such as the juice detox (consuming only natural fruit and/or vegetable juices), eating only fruits, or consuming leafy greens and fruits for no more than 3 days.
By following these 6 basic principles outlined on e-fresh.gr, you will detox your body quickly and effectively:
1. Avoid alcoholic drinks, caffeinated drinks, and saturated fats, and cut back on smoking.
2. Eat more organic fruits and vegetables, particularly broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, artichokes, beets, carrots, leafy greens, and citrus fruits. Their high content in antioxidants (vitamin C), sulfur, and cynarine promote detoxification.
3. Select foods that are high in fiber that bind the toxins and promote their discharge.
4. Try spirulina, green tea as well as dandelion, burdock, and thistle extracts; they have excellent diuretic and liver-cleansing properties. Furthermore, don't forget turmeric, a spice that stimulates liver function, and accelerates the detox.
5. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water. Water is the best means of natural detox.
6. Avoid sugar. Start by cutting down on your sugar intake. You'll be impressed by the sugars and sweeteners that are 'hidden' inside many staple food products.