The Embassy of Ireland in Athens has a vacancy for a Consular, Visa and Administrative Officer to work in the Embassy’s Consular Section as well as in general office administration. The contract will be for a one-year period, starting 1 June 2017.
This is a demanding role in a small but busy Embassy. The role involves dealing with citizenship and immigration matters (including visa and passport applications) and assisting Irish citizens. Much of the work will involve dealing directly with members of the public and providing friendly & efficient customer service. In addition, the successful candidate will provide office administrative support, event support, translation and other support to Diplomatic Staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English are essential
- The ability to work effectively and flexibly in a busy working environment
- Excellent ability to work with the public
- Strong IT skills and an ability to learn new IT programmes and systems
- High degree of integrity and trust
- Results orientation and “can-do” attitude with good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spatial awareness
- Previous similar experience would be an advantage
- The position offered is for one year, and will remain a temporary position for the duration of the contract.
- The position will be full-time.
- The salary & leave package is competitive and can be provided on request.
- The Embassy is located in central Athens.
- A short list of candidates will be invited to attend for interview.
- It is anticipated that interviews will be held in mid-May 2017 and the position will begin on 1 June 2017.
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 8 May, 2017. No application accepted after that date.
- Interested candidates should forward a CV of no more than 2 pages and a cover letter of 500 words maximum (both in English only).
Please click HERE for more information.