'The Woman in Black' with Daniel Radcliffe
A young lawyer travels to a remote village where he discovers the vengeful ghost of a scorned woman is terrorizing the locals. The Woman in Black is a 2012 horror-thriller film directed by James Watkins and written by Jane Goldman, and is based on Susan Hill's novel of the same name. It is produced by Hammer Film Productions.
Young lawyer Arthur Kipps leaves his son in London to settle the legal affairs of the recently deceased Alice Drablow. He discovers that a series of inexplicable accidents and suicides have forced the parents of her village to barricade their children indoors, as if protecting them from an unseen foe. When Arthur stays the night all alone at the Drablows' foreboding house, he hears the screams of a drowning child and sees decaying children listlessly wandering the marshes. He will soon discover these haunting figures share the same date of death, and the same killer.
The Woman in Black is the ghost of a scorned woman who was unable to save Nathaniel, her beloved son, from drowning. She now takes on a horrifying form. Set on vengeance, her veil hides gaping sockets eaten away by scavengers and her curse hides an even darker secret - whenever she is seen, a child dies.
In the face of hostility from the local residents, Arthur dredges up Nathaniel’s skeleton and buries it with his mother, hoping the evil spectre will finally rest in peace. In a cruel twist of fate, the Woman In Black turns her claws towards Arthur’s young son. To avoid a fate worse than death, Arthur must now sacrifice everything he holds dear and save his child.
Lucy May Barker
Sunday, May 6, 2012
- Kill The Messenger A reporter becomes the target of a vicious smear campaign...
- Interstellar A group of explorers use a newly discovered wormhole to s...
- 71 A young and disoriented British soldier is accidentally a...
- The Judge Big city lawyer Hank Palmer returns to his childhood home...
- The Giver In a seemingly perfect community, without war, pain, suff...
- Dracula Untold Facing threats to his kingdom and his family, Vlad Tepes ...