- Joseph Haydn: Symphony no 22 (“The Philosopher”)
- Jörg Widmann: “Teufel Amor”
- Johannes Brahms: Symphony no 4
Conductor: Antonio Pappano
April 28-29, 2012 – performance begins at 20:30
Megaron Athens Concert Hall – Christos Lambrakis Hall
Vassilis Sophias & Kokkali - Athens
Students, young people, unemployed, individuals with special needs: € 10
Families having many children, +65: € 15
Zone C: € 22
Zone B: € 40
Zone A: € 60
Grand Tier: € 80
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Wagner described it as one of the best orchestras in the world. The historic Vienna Philharmonic will be returning to the Athens Concert Hall for two concerts, conducted by Christian Thielemann and Sir Antonio Pappano. Christian Thielemann is regarded as the leading exponent of the Austro-Germanic conducting tradition, in the manner of Wilhelm Furtwängler and Karajan. In October 2011, he received honorary membership of the Royal Academy Music in London.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
- Benito Gonzalez & Dimitri Vassilakis Quartet Superstar jazz pianist Benito Gonzalez at Nakas Conservat...
- ''Ave Maya'' Ballet Dedicated In Honor Of Maya Plisetskaya The greatest world dance stars will shine on the stage of...
- London Symphony Orchestra @ Athens Concert Hall One of the most important orchestras of the world, the ol...
- Cirque Du Soleil's Quidam In Athens About Quidam: Young Zoé is bored; her parents, distant an...
- Rene Marie Quartet René Marie, an award-winning singer whose style incorpora...
- Radio Europa - Together In Music The Goethe Institute of Athens hosts a live concert by re...