- Joseph Haydn: Symphony no 22 (“The Philosopher”)
- Jörg Widmann: “Teufel Amor”
- Johannes Brahms: Symphony no 4
Conductor: Antonio Pappano
April 28-29, 2012 – performance begins at 20:30
Megaron Athens Concert Hall – Christos Lambrakis Hall
Vassilis Sophias & Kokkali - Athens
Students, young people, unemployed, individuals with special needs: € 10
Families having many children, +65: € 15
Zone C: € 22
Zone B: € 40
Zone A: € 60
Grand Tier: € 80
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Wagner described it as one of the best orchestras in the world. The historic Vienna Philharmonic will be returning to the Athens Concert Hall for two concerts, conducted by Christian Thielemann and Sir Antonio Pappano. Christian Thielemann is regarded as the leading exponent of the Austro-Germanic conducting tradition, in the manner of Wilhelm Furtwängler and Karajan. In October 2011, he received honorary membership of the Royal Academy Music in London.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
- Kurt Rosenwinkel Live In Gazi One of the greatest jazz guitarists visits Gazarte! The m...
- Megaron For Children Concert Megaron for children - Sunday morning at the Concert Hall...
- Georges Bizet's 'Carmen' Transmitted Live Live transmission from the Metropolitan Opera - New York....
- Lamento At The Athens Concert Hall Italian laments of the 17th century. -Giacomo Carissimi...
- Classical Music Night At Gazi On October 27, don't miss a unique musical night at Gazar...
- Apostolos Palios' Piano Recital The award-winning piano soloist, Apostolos Palios, on a u...