Song: Giannis Kotsiras, Dimitris Zervoudakis, Sofia Papazoglou, Apostolos Rizos, Dimitris Nikoloudis, Evelina Angelou & Stelios Vamvakaris
Featuring: Vinicio Capossela, Nea Taxi Pragmaton, Stichoima
Concept & Artistic oversight: Lina Nikolakopoulou
Set design: Angelos Mentis
Visual editor:Danae Koureta
Video: Nikos Skarentzos
Lighting: Alekos Giannaros
June 22, 2012 – June 23, 2012
Odeon of Herod Atticus
31 Dionyssiou Aeropagitou St.,
Admission 10 - 30 euro
A tribute to Markos Vamvakaris at the Odeon of Herod Atticus
The Athens Festival, honoring this year for one more time the Greek music, presents a tribute to the patriarch of rembetiko song, Markos Vamvakaris for two nights, on 22 and 23 June at the Odeon of Herod Atticus."I came out of you, out of your heart and put your name, Syros, on people’s lips." June 2012. It’s been forty years since the death of the rembetika legend, Markos Vamvakaris (1905-1972). His immortal songs will fill the Herodeion intact, as poignant, magical and full of suffering as the life of the man who penned them. Songs which speak from and to the heart, and turn life’s trials and tribulations into medals worn with pride.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
- Megaron For Children Concert Megaron for children - Sunday morning at the Concert Hall...
- Georges Bizet's 'Carmen' Transmitted Live Live transmission from the Metropolitan Opera - New York....
- Lamento At The Athens Concert Hall Italian laments of the 17th century. -Giacomo Carissimi...
- Classical Music Night At Gazi On October 27, don't miss a unique musical night at Gazar...
- Apostolos Palios' Piano Recital The award-winning piano soloist, Apostolos Palios, on a u...
- Beethoven's Music At Athens Concert Hall Chamber Music, Ludwig van Beethoven: -Sonata no. 1 in D...