Alcmena: Amalia Moutousi
Amphitryon: Giorgos Gallos
Jupiter: Nikos Kouris
Sosia: Dimitris Imelos
Mercury: Christos Loulis
Cleanthis: Eva Saoulidou
Night: Stefania Goulioti
3-4 August, 21:00
Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
40€ (Zone Α)
20€ (Zone Β)
13€ (Students- Zone Β, Upper Tier, People with Movement Difficulties)
Moliere’s Amphitryon at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
Following the enormous success of Antigone, Lefteris Voyiatzis returns to Epidaurus with Molière’s masterpiece Amphitryon (1668), a comedy inspired by Plautus’ play of the same name which took its subject-matter from Greek mythology. The celebrated director will be guiding an exceptional cast through Chrysa Prokopaki’s contemporary verse translation. When Jupiter disguises himself as Amphitryon – to gain access to his wife Alcmene’s bed – and Mercury into Amphitryon’s slave Sosia, humorous misunderstandings and supernatural shenanigans ensue. The mirror images eloquently reveal the darker aspects of the comedic, both then and now.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
- Experience Dialogue In The Dark Dialogue in the dark is an interactive exhibition which h...
- The Nutcracker At Olympia Theatre The "loveliest Christmas tale" is being re-staged during ...
- "We Go Out In Athens" - Every Tuesday On Tuesday, December 16, and for every Tuesday "We go out...
- Aurélien Bory & Le Groupe Acrobatique De Tanger Azimut In Morocco, they say Sidi Ahmed Ou Moussa, a great Sufi t...
- 4th Greek Jazz Panorama A unique music experience of coexistence between East and...
- Christmas Fun At Snow Land Snow Land at the Olympic Stadium in Athens is a magical c...