Alcmena: Amalia Moutousi
Amphitryon: Giorgos Gallos
Jupiter: Nikos Kouris
Sosia: Dimitris Imelos
Mercury: Christos Loulis
Cleanthis: Eva Saoulidou
Night: Stefania Goulioti
3-4 August, 21:00
Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
40€ (Zone Α)
20€ (Zone Β)
13€ (Students- Zone Β, Upper Tier, People with Movement Difficulties)
Moliere’s Amphitryon at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
Following the enormous success of Antigone, Lefteris Voyiatzis returns to Epidaurus with Molière’s masterpiece Amphitryon (1668), a comedy inspired by Plautus’ play of the same name which took its subject-matter from Greek mythology. The celebrated director will be guiding an exceptional cast through Chrysa Prokopaki’s contemporary verse translation. When Jupiter disguises himself as Amphitryon – to gain access to his wife Alcmene’s bed – and Mercury into Amphitryon’s slave Sosia, humorous misunderstandings and supernatural shenanigans ensue. The mirror images eloquently reveal the darker aspects of the comedic, both then and now.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
- Monica "Secret In The Dark" Monica presents her new album entitled "Secret In The Dar...
- IN EDIT Festival 2015 Athens Edition IN-EDIT Festival, the biggest music documentary film fest...
- Crazy People Music The Crazy People Music guide us through the streets of Ja...
- 4th African Film Week From February 19 to 25, 2015, the Greek Film Archive Foun...
- Astir Chocolating 2015 Astir Palace Resort hosts a unique journey into the world...
- Rat Pack New York, Las Vegas and the great salons of the golden er...