Guitar Soloist James Kolanian at the Benaki
The program includes compositions by JS Bach, A. Barrios, M. Giuliani, L. and A. Brower Lauro. Iakovos Kolanian, a well-known international guitarist, with numerous performances in Greece and abroad, ranks among the most prominent artists of his generation. Always attended with interest by the public, his interpretations, driven by vision and faith, often form a bridge between classical music and the music traditions of the world.
Iakovos Kolanian studied classical guitar with Evangelos Assimakopoulos at the National Conservatory of Athens, Greece. He graduated in 1985, awarded with the first prize and special honors for exceptional performance. Subsequently, he broadened his knowledge by attending various seminars in Greece and abroad.
He started his musical performance journey by giving individual recitals in many cities in Greece and on television and radio programs. In addition, he performed as a soloist with almost all Greek symphonic orchestras (Athens State Orchestra, Thessaloniki State Orchestra, Symphonic Orchestra of Greek Broadcasting Corporation, the Orchestra of Colors, the Camerata Orchestra of Athens, etc.).
Presenting his first album in 1989, consisting of his own transcriptions of Armenian popular music, Kolanian toured in England, France, Italy, and Austria, while also being featured on BBC, Radio France, and the Austrian Television (ORF). His collaboration with the Symphonic Orchestra of Armenia and its conductor Loris Tjeknavorian resulted in the recording of “Zarhe,” a concert for guitar and orchestra, and the release of a CD – with the composer himself as the conductor, which Kolanian has performed in various cities all over the world.
All proceeds will go to charitable organisations in Armenia.
Pireos St. Annexe
138 Pireos & Andronikou St.
tel 210 345 3111
Saturday May 12, 2012 – 20:30
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Santa Claus Kingdom Santa Claus Kingdom, Greece's largest theme park opens it...
- Madredeus In Athens At The Athens Concert Hall Pedro Ayres Magalhães' Madredeus are preparing their retu...
- Pre-Christmas Party At Mike’s Irish Bar Join Tommy & The Jazzholes for their Pre-Christmas Party ...
- Lucky Peterson Band Feat. Tamara Peterson Lucky Peterson is the most dangerous triple threat workin...
- Greek National Opera's The Nutcracker In The Nutcracker, one of the world's loveliest Christmas...
- Anneke Van Giersbergen On A Mini Tour In Greece Anneke van Giersbergen (born March 8, 1973) was the singe...