Conductor Myron Michailidis
Direction – Set Design – Costumes Hugo de Ana
Lighting Design Vinicio Cheli
Video Sergio Metalli
Chorus master Agathagelos Georgakatos
Children’s Chorus master Rosie Mastrosavva
Floria Tosca Daniela Dessì (26, 28/7) – Cellia Costea (27, 29/7)
Mario Cavaradossi Carl Tanner (26, 28/7) – Giancarlo Monsalve (27, 29/7)
Baron Scarpia Lado Ataneli (26, 28/7) – George Gagnidze (27, 29/7)
Cesare Angelotti Tassos Apostolou
Greek National Opera Orchestra and Chorus
Rosarte Children’s Chorus
From Thursday the 26th July to Sunday the 29th July: 21.00
Odeon of Herodes Atticus
Dionyssiou Aeropagitou St.,
Ticket prices €25 (Upper Trier), €45 (Zone C), €55 (Zone B), €60 (Zone A), €85 (VIP zone B & D), €100 (VIP zone A), €15 (Children, Students)
Tickets on sale in advance
from the OLYMPIA THEATRE ticket booths, 59-61 Academias St., Athens
from 09:00 to 21:00 daily
Phone bookings 210 3662 100, 210 3612 461, 210 3643 725
Online bookings http://www.nationalopera.gr/index.php?lang=en
The Greek National Opera at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
The Greek National Opera presents one the most well-known opera thrillers, Puccini’s Tosca, for four performances at the Herodes Atticus Odeon.The famous opera director Hugo de Ana is in charge of direction, set design and costumes. In Rome, Baron Scarpia, the chief of the occupying forces, asks the beautiful Floria Tosca, an opera diva, for a night of love in exchange for the life of her lover Mario Cavaradossi, an idealist rebel. Feeling trapped, Tosca murders Scarpia in self-defence, without, however, being able to save Cavaradossi from death. When her crime is revealed, Tosca commits suicide to escape her pursuers. A magnificent production, with spectacular sets and an internationally-acclaimed cast.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
- See 'Committed' At The Athens International Film Festival! From Cyprus with love comes this combination of road movi...
- Dora Stratou’s Final 2014 Performance Dora Stratou’s, the leading showcase for Greek dance, wil...
- Maroussi Jazz Festival Come out and enjoy a unique jazz festival with some big n...
- The Athens International Film Festival Turns 20! The anniversary edition of the Athens International Film ...
- Vanessa Mae Concert The “Violin queen”, Vanessa Mae, will visit Athens on Sep...
- Ensemble Economique At Six D.o.g.s From the dark obsessive synth drone to the 4AD-tribute gu...