Photographs by Alixandra Fazzina, Stanley Greene, Francesco Zizola, Pep Bonet and Jon Lowenstein bring to light the critical humanitarian and medical needs of the residents of these five slums where the volunteers of Médecins sans Frontières are currently active.
Organizer Medecins Sans Frontieres, Hellenic American Union, Athens Fringe Live 2012
Until June 30, 2012
Gallery Hours/Duration Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 21:00, Saturday: 10:30 – 14:30, closed on Sunday
Kennedy Gallery of the Hellenic American Union
Interpretation Provided: No
Registration Required: No
Reservation Required: No
Admission is free
Source: Hellenic American Union
Urban Survivors: International Photography Exhibition
An international photography exhibition from “Médecins sans Frontières” which has been organized as part of the Athens Fringe Live 2012 with the courtesy of the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival… In its photographic exhibition ”Urban Survivors”, Médecins sans Frontières make us think of how the hopes of millions of people for survival and a better life can turn into a nightmare of violence, disease, fear, exclusion and discrimination. Shocking snapshots of everyday life in five slums in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya, South Africa and Haiti are presented through the lens of renowned photographers who work with the Noor / Apeiron photo agency.
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Days Of Christmas And New Year With “Encardia” Four unique events in the spirit of the season for young ...
- Amphipolis In Top 10 Discoveries Of 2014 The Tomb of Amphipolis is among the Top 10 Discoveries of...
- Christmas Church Services & Carols Around Athens If you'd like to attend Christmas services and enjoy some...
- Meet Market "The Christmas Edition" Tis the season to be jolly... to gather with friends and ...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Free IT Lessons For The Unemployed The pilot program is created in cooperation with Microsof...