Photographs by Alixandra Fazzina, Stanley Greene, Francesco Zizola, Pep Bonet and Jon Lowenstein bring to light the critical humanitarian and medical needs of the residents of these five slums where the volunteers of Médecins sans Frontières are currently active.
Organizer Medecins Sans Frontieres, Hellenic American Union, Athens Fringe Live 2012
Until June 30, 2012
Gallery Hours/Duration Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 21:00, Saturday: 10:30 – 14:30, closed on Sunday
Kennedy Gallery of the Hellenic American Union
Interpretation Provided: No
Registration Required: No
Reservation Required: No
Admission is free
Source: Hellenic American Union
Urban Survivors: International Photography Exhibition
An international photography exhibition from “Médecins sans Frontières” which has been organized as part of the Athens Fringe Live 2012 with the courtesy of the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival… In its photographic exhibition ”Urban Survivors”, Médecins sans Frontières make us think of how the hopes of millions of people for survival and a better life can turn into a nightmare of violence, disease, fear, exclusion and discrimination. Shocking snapshots of everyday life in five slums in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya, South Africa and Haiti are presented through the lens of renowned photographers who work with the Noor / Apeiron photo agency.
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Kivotos Art Projects 2014 ontinuing its artistic activities on the island of Mykono...
- Painting Exhibition: Summer 2014 Zoumboulakis Gallery hosts a summer group exhibition from...
- ‘Boroume’ Campaign Seeks To Put Surplus Fruit To Good Use Orange trees lend splashes of color to her garden. Year a...
- Shakespeare Lives In The Shelter The bold and sharp pen of Yorgos Skourtis brings us a new...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Photography Exhibition: The Innocence Of Moment Serendipity Magazine invites you to peer behind the veil ...