Photographs by Alixandra Fazzina, Stanley Greene, Francesco Zizola, Pep Bonet and Jon Lowenstein bring to light the critical humanitarian and medical needs of the residents of these five slums where the volunteers of Médecins sans Frontières are currently active.
Organizer Medecins Sans Frontieres, Hellenic American Union, Athens Fringe Live 2012
Until June 30, 2012
Gallery Hours/Duration Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 21:00, Saturday: 10:30 – 14:30, closed on Sunday
Kennedy Gallery of the Hellenic American Union
Interpretation Provided: No
Registration Required: No
Reservation Required: No
Admission is free
Source: Hellenic American Union
Urban Survivors: International Photography Exhibition
An international photography exhibition from “Médecins sans Frontières” which has been organized as part of the Athens Fringe Live 2012 with the courtesy of the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival… In its photographic exhibition ”Urban Survivors”, Médecins sans Frontières make us think of how the hopes of millions of people for survival and a better life can turn into a nightmare of violence, disease, fear, exclusion and discrimination. Shocking snapshots of everyday life in five slums in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya, South Africa and Haiti are presented through the lens of renowned photographers who work with the Noor / Apeiron photo agency.
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Art Exhibition: A Thousand Doors NEON and the Whitechapel Gallery are collaborating to pre...
- Pixathlon Athens 2014 When was the last time you did something new? We always w...
- Art Exhibition: Chryssa & Chryssa An exhibition of two pioneering Greek women artists worki...
- Hymns of Easter & Mikis Theodoraki’s “Epitaphios” Hymns for Easter, and folk laments. Nektaria Karantzi sin...
- Easter Holiday Opening Hours Come Into Effect Shops will remain closed on Easter Sunday and Monday - No...
- Athens Singers Present Ralph Vaughan Williams The programme dedicated by the Athens Singers to the famo...