Photographs by Alixandra Fazzina, Stanley Greene, Francesco Zizola, Pep Bonet and Jon Lowenstein bring to light the critical humanitarian and medical needs of the residents of these five slums where the volunteers of Médecins sans Frontières are currently active.
Organizer Medecins Sans Frontieres, Hellenic American Union, Athens Fringe Live 2012
Until June 30, 2012
Gallery Hours/Duration Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 21:00, Saturday: 10:30 – 14:30, closed on Sunday
Kennedy Gallery of the Hellenic American Union
Interpretation Provided: No
Registration Required: No
Reservation Required: No
Admission is free
Source: Hellenic American Union
Urban Survivors: International Photography Exhibition
An international photography exhibition from “Médecins sans Frontières” which has been organized as part of the Athens Fringe Live 2012 with the courtesy of the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival… In its photographic exhibition ”Urban Survivors”, Médecins sans Frontières make us think of how the hopes of millions of people for survival and a better life can turn into a nightmare of violence, disease, fear, exclusion and discrimination. Shocking snapshots of everyday life in five slums in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya, South Africa and Haiti are presented through the lens of renowned photographers who work with the Noor / Apeiron photo agency.
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Greek Films To Watch Cinephile website tasteofcinema.com wrote an article tryi...
- Feta with the Queen - Review It can’t be easy. Performing a 60-minute stand-up comedy ...
- StartSmart Greece Conference StartSmart is a one-day MIT Enterprise Forum conference t...
- TBEX - Special Offer For XpatAthens Members! Hosted in exciting international locations, TBEX ( http:/...
- Open Day At The Illium Center Of Light The following meetings are free of charge however it is t...
- “Pocket” Concert By The Greek National Opera Each Saturday, the Greek National Opera presents a small ...