They are video/sound/multimedia installations, single channel video, sound sculptures, drawings, net artworks, sound cd, sound books and performances of the last four decades, which constitute different and heterogenous acoustic forms of contemporary art, in their literal or/and metaphoric version, of older and younger artists coming from diverse artistic backgrounds.
The exhibition SonicTime was designed as a contemplative and poetic promenade through sounds and silences, the translation and the untranslatable of human situation. As words that emerge from the depths of water, the sounds are mirrored in whiteness and light. The first speech is listened to with unspoken thoughts. The recording of the sound of things with synestheses that do not reach hearing.
The double voicing as listening experience opens us up to identification, engagement, attentiveness….
Curated by: Anna Kafetsi
National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST)
Athens Conservatory Building: 17-19 Vas. Georgiou B' & Rigillis, Athens (entrance on Rigillis Str.)
Until September 30, 2012
Tuesday-Sunday: 11.00 - 19.00
Thursday: 11.00 - 22.00
admission 0 - 3 euro
SonicTime at Museum of Contemporary Art
The National Museum of Contemporary Art organizes the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence, which lasts from 3 May to 30 September 2012. The opening of the exhibition takes place on 18 May, International Museum Day, along with a program of parallel events. Part of a collection project in progress, the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence brings together fifty five works from the Museum’s collection, which focus on language, sound, music and silence as their common matrix.
Monday, May 7, 2012
- Gallery Weekend 2014 In Athens The Hellenic Art Galleries Association, after the admitte...
- Libraries, Innovation And Entrepreneurship The 10th international conference: "Libraries, Innovation...
- Exhibition: Time Got Knicked Around Art Professionals-In-Athens Residency and Gerasimos Kappa...
- The Meet Market At Romantso Remember, remember the 3rd weekend of November, because T...
- An Ecosystem In-The-Making Meets Disrupt 2014 “Ecosystem: a biological community of interacting organis...
- Acropolis Museum to Host Specialized Tours Every Saturday Its new program of specialized presentations and guided t...