They are video/sound/multimedia installations, single channel video, sound sculptures, drawings, net artworks, sound cd, sound books and performances of the last four decades, which constitute different and heterogenous acoustic forms of contemporary art, in their literal or/and metaphoric version, of older and younger artists coming from diverse artistic backgrounds.
The exhibition SonicTime was designed as a contemplative and poetic promenade through sounds and silences, the translation and the untranslatable of human situation. As words that emerge from the depths of water, the sounds are mirrored in whiteness and light. The first speech is listened to with unspoken thoughts. The recording of the sound of things with synestheses that do not reach hearing.
The double voicing as listening experience opens us up to identification, engagement, attentiveness….
Curated by: Anna Kafetsi
National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST)
Athens Conservatory Building: 17-19 Vas. Georgiou B' & Rigillis, Athens (entrance on Rigillis Str.)
Until September 30, 2012
Tuesday-Sunday: 11.00 - 19.00
Thursday: 11.00 - 22.00
admission 0 - 3 euro
SonicTime at Museum of Contemporary Art
The National Museum of Contemporary Art organizes the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence, which lasts from 3 May to 30 September 2012. The opening of the exhibition takes place on 18 May, International Museum Day, along with a program of parallel events. Part of a collection project in progress, the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence brings together fifty five works from the Museum’s collection, which focus on language, sound, music and silence as their common matrix.
Monday, May 7, 2012
- See Margaret Atwood In Athens! The Embassy of Canada is pleased to announce that Booker-...
- Want To Learn Greek Dancing? Dora Stratou has had a commitment to preserving the legac...
- 5th Athens Bike Festival Enjoy three days full of bikes in the heart of the city! ...
- Art Exhibition - Foretelling Myths This exhibition's theme is founded on the idea that predi...
- The Meet Market At six d.o.g.s. Alas, August is over and summer holidays slowly wind to a...
- Autumn Cultural Excursions The summer may be over but warm weather and holiday spiri...