They are video/sound/multimedia installations, single channel video, sound sculptures, drawings, net artworks, sound cd, sound books and performances of the last four decades, which constitute different and heterogenous acoustic forms of contemporary art, in their literal or/and metaphoric version, of older and younger artists coming from diverse artistic backgrounds.
The exhibition SonicTime was designed as a contemplative and poetic promenade through sounds and silences, the translation and the untranslatable of human situation. As words that emerge from the depths of water, the sounds are mirrored in whiteness and light. The first speech is listened to with unspoken thoughts. The recording of the sound of things with synestheses that do not reach hearing.
The double voicing as listening experience opens us up to identification, engagement, attentiveness….
Curated by: Anna Kafetsi
National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST)
Athens Conservatory Building: 17-19 Vas. Georgiou B' & Rigillis, Athens (entrance on Rigillis Str.)
Until September 30, 2012
Tuesday-Sunday: 11.00 - 19.00
Thursday: 11.00 - 22.00
admission 0 - 3 euro
SonicTime at Museum of Contemporary Art
The National Museum of Contemporary Art organizes the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence, which lasts from 3 May to 30 September 2012. The opening of the exhibition takes place on 18 May, International Museum Day, along with a program of parallel events. Part of a collection project in progress, the exhibition SonicTime, speech/sound/silence brings together fifty five works from the Museum’s collection, which focus on language, sound, music and silence as their common matrix.
Monday, May 7, 2012
- Historical Building In Athens To Be Restored I have often daydreamed, if I had the means, which of the...
- Summer Exhibition 2014 A collection of photos by Marina Vernikou, Venia Bechraki...
- Allyson Vieira Presents Her Solo Exhibition The Breeder presents Allyson Vieira' s first solo exhibit...
- 730 Art Days / Artwall The ARTWALL is celebrating 2 years of initiation during w...
- Artistic Jewelry Exhibition "A Jewel Made In Greece" The exhibition "A jewel made in Greece" was first launche...
- Modern Greek Painting: Evolution Of The Human Form The evolution of the human form in modern Greek painting,...