Siga-Siga, Langsam-Langsam at CAMP
Siga-siga, Slowly slowly, langsam-langsam, take your time. 14 contemporary artists from Austria Kuenstlerhaus, some of which are members of the Arts House of Vienna which recently celebrated its 150 years of existence meet in CAMP, the Contemporary Art Meeting Point in Athens. “Slowly”, a word that sounds provocative in times of stagnation. Nowadays, as speed plays a primary role and time becomes relevant, disobedience to speed seems like a challenge.
The participating artists are asked to comment on time and speed in reference to art dynamics and to Kuenstlerhaus which is more than a century and a half old. Photography, painting, video, media-art, animation, objects and installations are the media used to express the artists’ views on the subject. Sometimes they do so in a satyrical manner, other times more seriously or playfully, but they always pose questions and seek answers.
The exhibition is curated by Eva Hradil in cooperation with Kuenstlerhaus.
Back to Athens is supported by the Austrian Embassy in Greece and the Ministry of Culture of Austria.
Participants: Amina Broggi, Maria Bussmann, Babsi Daum, Christian Eisenberger, Anna Gerlitz, Georg Lebzelter, Gue Schmidt, Deborah Sengl, Hubert Sielecki, Horst Stasny, Evelin Stermitz, Robert Svoboda, Christoph Urwalek, Natalia Weiss
CAMP Contemporary Art Meeting Point
4 Eupolidos & 2 Apellou str., Kotzia square, 105 51 Athens
Until May 30, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- Gallery Weekend 2014 In Athens The Hellenic Art Galleries Association, after the admitte...
- Libraries, Innovation And Entrepreneurship The 10th international conference: "Libraries, Innovation...
- Exhibition: Time Got Knicked Around Art Professionals-In-Athens Residency and Gerasimos Kappa...
- The Meet Market At Romantso Remember, remember the 3rd weekend of November, because T...
- An Ecosystem In-The-Making Meets Disrupt 2014 “Ecosystem: a biological community of interacting organis...
- Acropolis Museum to Host Specialized Tours Every Saturday Its new program of specialized presentations and guided t...