Siga-Siga, Langsam-Langsam at CAMP
Siga-siga, Slowly slowly, langsam-langsam, take your time. 14 contemporary artists from Austria Kuenstlerhaus, some of which are members of the Arts House of Vienna which recently celebrated its 150 years of existence meet in CAMP, the Contemporary Art Meeting Point in Athens. “Slowly”, a word that sounds provocative in times of stagnation. Nowadays, as speed plays a primary role and time becomes relevant, disobedience to speed seems like a challenge.
The participating artists are asked to comment on time and speed in reference to art dynamics and to Kuenstlerhaus which is more than a century and a half old. Photography, painting, video, media-art, animation, objects and installations are the media used to express the artists’ views on the subject. Sometimes they do so in a satyrical manner, other times more seriously or playfully, but they always pose questions and seek answers.
The exhibition is curated by Eva Hradil in cooperation with Kuenstlerhaus.
Back to Athens is supported by the Austrian Embassy in Greece and the Ministry of Culture of Austria.
Participants: Amina Broggi, Maria Bussmann, Babsi Daum, Christian Eisenberger, Anna Gerlitz, Georg Lebzelter, Gue Schmidt, Deborah Sengl, Hubert Sielecki, Horst Stasny, Evelin Stermitz, Robert Svoboda, Christoph Urwalek, Natalia Weiss
CAMP Contemporary Art Meeting Point
4 Eupolidos & 2 Apellou str., Kotzia square, 105 51 Athens
Until May 30, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- StartSmart Greece Conference StartSmart is a one-day MIT Enterprise Forum conference t...
- TBEX - Special Offer For XpatAthens Members! Hosted in exciting international locations, TBEX ( http:/...
- Open Day At The Illium Center Of Light The following meetings are free of charge however it is t...
- “Pocket” Concert By The Greek National Opera Each Saturday, the Greek National Opera presents a small ...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Meet Market In Technopolis The Meet Market is back this October in our classic homel...