Siga-Siga, Langsam-Langsam at CAMP
Siga-siga, Slowly slowly, langsam-langsam, take your time. 14 contemporary artists from Austria Kuenstlerhaus, some of which are members of the Arts House of Vienna which recently celebrated its 150 years of existence meet in CAMP, the Contemporary Art Meeting Point in Athens. “Slowly”, a word that sounds provocative in times of stagnation. Nowadays, as speed plays a primary role and time becomes relevant, disobedience to speed seems like a challenge.
The participating artists are asked to comment on time and speed in reference to art dynamics and to Kuenstlerhaus which is more than a century and a half old. Photography, painting, video, media-art, animation, objects and installations are the media used to express the artists’ views on the subject. Sometimes they do so in a satyrical manner, other times more seriously or playfully, but they always pose questions and seek answers.
The exhibition is curated by Eva Hradil in cooperation with Kuenstlerhaus.
Back to Athens is supported by the Austrian Embassy in Greece and the Ministry of Culture of Austria.
Participants: Amina Broggi, Maria Bussmann, Babsi Daum, Christian Eisenberger, Anna Gerlitz, Georg Lebzelter, Gue Schmidt, Deborah Sengl, Hubert Sielecki, Horst Stasny, Evelin Stermitz, Robert Svoboda, Christoph Urwalek, Natalia Weiss
CAMP Contemporary Art Meeting Point
4 Eupolidos & 2 Apellou str., Kotzia square, 105 51 Athens
Until May 30, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- Historical Building In Athens To Be Restored I have often daydreamed, if I had the means, which of the...
- Summer Exhibition 2014 A collection of photos by Marina Vernikou, Venia Bechraki...
- Allyson Vieira Presents Her Solo Exhibition The Breeder presents Allyson Vieira' s first solo exhibit...
- 730 Art Days / Artwall The ARTWALL is celebrating 2 years of initiation during w...
- Artistic Jewelry Exhibition "A Jewel Made In Greece" The exhibition "A jewel made in Greece" was first launche...
- Modern Greek Painting: Evolution Of The Human Form The evolution of the human form in modern Greek painting,...