Siga-Siga, Langsam-Langsam at CAMP
Siga-siga, Slowly slowly, langsam-langsam, take your time. 14 contemporary artists from Austria Kuenstlerhaus, some of which are members of the Arts House of Vienna which recently celebrated its 150 years of existence meet in CAMP, the Contemporary Art Meeting Point in Athens. “Slowly”, a word that sounds provocative in times of stagnation. Nowadays, as speed plays a primary role and time becomes relevant, disobedience to speed seems like a challenge.
The participating artists are asked to comment on time and speed in reference to art dynamics and to Kuenstlerhaus which is more than a century and a half old. Photography, painting, video, media-art, animation, objects and installations are the media used to express the artists’ views on the subject. Sometimes they do so in a satyrical manner, other times more seriously or playfully, but they always pose questions and seek answers.
The exhibition is curated by Eva Hradil in cooperation with Kuenstlerhaus.
Back to Athens is supported by the Austrian Embassy in Greece and the Ministry of Culture of Austria.
Participants: Amina Broggi, Maria Bussmann, Babsi Daum, Christian Eisenberger, Anna Gerlitz, Georg Lebzelter, Gue Schmidt, Deborah Sengl, Hubert Sielecki, Horst Stasny, Evelin Stermitz, Robert Svoboda, Christoph Urwalek, Natalia Weiss
CAMP Contemporary Art Meeting Point
4 Eupolidos & 2 Apellou str., Kotzia square, 105 51 Athens
Until May 30, 2012
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- The CERN Exhibition Comes To Athens The impressive interactive exhibition ‘ Accelerating Scie...
- Art Exhibition: A Thousand Doors NEON and the Whitechapel Gallery are collaborating to pre...
- Pixathlon Athens 2014 When was the last time you did something new? We always w...
- Art Exhibition: Chryssa & Chryssa An exhibition of two pioneering Greek women artists worki...
- Hymns of Easter & Mikis Theodoraki’s “Epitaphios” Hymns for Easter, and folk laments. Nektaria Karantzi sin...
- Easter Holiday Opening Hours Come Into Effect Shops will remain closed on Easter Sunday and Monday - No...