Each result of these experiments verifies a hypothesis, which enables the creation of relations that reveal hidden common ground between different models and systems in Kamma’s work.
The exhibition develops, extends, engages and connects the two videos the artist created in Sweden in 2011, with the architectural space of Museum Alex Mylona. Inspired by the social phenomenon of choirs in Scandinavian countries, the videos P like Politics, P like Parrots and Malin and Τor: two architects in conversation mark the starting points of a single installation, where the whole and its parts coexist in order to create an interlude. Kamma undermines identification mechanisms and concept- generating procedures, gradually revealing the manipulation and speculation of experience, opinion, aesthetics, knowledge and history.
June 13, 2012 till September 23, 2012
Wednesday – Friday – Saturday: 11.00 – 19.00
Thursday: 13.00 – 21.00
Sunday: 11.00 – 16.00
Monday & Tuesday: closed
Alex Mylona Museum
5 Assomaton Sq., 10554 Thission, Athens, Greece,
General admission: 4€
General admission with reduced ticket every Thursday: 2€
Students, Visitors aged 65+, educators, children & teenagers : 2€
Art School students, Visitors aged under 18, Cultural Card holders, Journalists, People with moving difficulties, Multi-children families, Unemployment Card holders: Free admission
View Larger Map
P like Politics, P like Parrots
Eleni Kamma’s solo exhibition, P like Politics, P like Parrots, is the first part of a trilogy investigating possible and manifested contemporary European notions of common place created at the crossroads of music and architectural practices. Kamma examines the notion of spectacle in spaces of production such as the Lijnbaankwartier, the back stages of Architecture Museum in Stockholm, or public spaces like the piazalle Michelangelo in Florence. Through folding and unfolding gestures in emblematic places and spaces, a series of paradoxical hypotheses and strange identification experiments develop in her latest videos, drawings, and objects.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- See Margaret Atwood In Athens! The Embassy of Canada is pleased to announce that Booker-...
- Want To Learn Greek Dancing? Dora Stratou has had a commitment to preserving the legac...
- 5th Athens Bike Festival Enjoy three days full of bikes in the heart of the city! ...
- Art Exhibition - Foretelling Myths This exhibition's theme is founded on the idea that predi...
- The Meet Market At six d.o.g.s. Alas, August is over and summer holidays slowly wind to a...
- Autumn Cultural Excursions The summer may be over but warm weather and holiday spiri...