A gathering therefore investigates how identities are treated and (re)defined at a time when the media are playing provocatively with national symbols and stereotypes. Greece, then, is a starting point, a paradigm; a spring board for a representation of the labyrinthian processes of memory and their production of meaning. The meaning of place then, questioned, redefined, fragmented into a series of autonomous worlds.
Andreas Angelidakis, Pierre Bismuth, Banu Cennetoglu & Sylvia Kouvali, Stefan Bruggemann, Sarah Crowner, Eirene Efstathiou, Claire Fontaine, Ivan Grubanov, Hadley+Maxwell, Istvan Laszlo, Miltos Manetas, Costas Masseras, Ciprian Muresan, Anja Kirschner & David Panos, Maria Papadimitriou, Christos Papoulias, Eftihis Patsourakis, Dan Perjovschi, Olaf Nicolai, Pia Rönicke, Tobias Rehberger, Yann Sérandour, Nasan Tur, Vangelis Vlahos, Oriol Vilanova, Carla Zaccagnini, Ala Younis.
Curated by Maria-Thalia Carras & Olga Hatzidaki
269 Peiraios Ave, Tavros, Athens
A Gathering At Peiraios 260
A series of both Greek and international artists have been asked to produce a response in the form of a poster to some sort of lived experience or imaginary association they might have of Greece. This association could be completely personal, or public, political, abstract or representative, clearly linked to some defining memory of a conversation, an image, an event, an emotion, or even a place discovered haphazardly from research.
Monday, June 25, 2012
- 5th Athens Bike Festival Enjoy three days full of bikes in the heart of the city! ...
- Art Exhibition - Foretelling Myths This exhibition's theme is founded on the idea that predi...
- The Meet Market At six d.o.g.s. Alas, August is over and summer holidays slowly wind to a...
- Autumn Cultural Excursions The summer may be over but warm weather and holiday spiri...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Art Links Athens 2014! Art Links is an art exhibition featuring all facets of cr...