A gathering therefore investigates how identities are treated and (re)defined at a time when the media are playing provocatively with national symbols and stereotypes. Greece, then, is a starting point, a paradigm; a spring board for a representation of the labyrinthian processes of memory and their production of meaning. The meaning of place then, questioned, redefined, fragmented into a series of autonomous worlds.
Andreas Angelidakis, Pierre Bismuth, Banu Cennetoglu & Sylvia Kouvali, Stefan Bruggemann, Sarah Crowner, Eirene Efstathiou, Claire Fontaine, Ivan Grubanov, Hadley+Maxwell, Istvan Laszlo, Miltos Manetas, Costas Masseras, Ciprian Muresan, Anja Kirschner & David Panos, Maria Papadimitriou, Christos Papoulias, Eftihis Patsourakis, Dan Perjovschi, Olaf Nicolai, Pia Rönicke, Tobias Rehberger, Yann Sérandour, Nasan Tur, Vangelis Vlahos, Oriol Vilanova, Carla Zaccagnini, Ala Younis.
Curated by Maria-Thalia Carras & Olga Hatzidaki
269 Peiraios Ave, Tavros, Athens
A Gathering At Peiraios 260
A series of both Greek and international artists have been asked to produce a response in the form of a poster to some sort of lived experience or imaginary association they might have of Greece. This association could be completely personal, or public, political, abstract or representative, clearly linked to some defining memory of a conversation, an image, an event, an emotion, or even a place discovered haphazardly from research.
Monday, June 25, 2012
- Blanka Amezkua, Solo Exhibition "Figuras Del Alma" The artist, born in Mexico, lives and works in Athens the...
- Santorini Arts Factory: A New Cultural Venue The cultural life of Santorini island erupts again with t...
- Mobile Photo Exhibition - Green Project Org A mobile photo exhibition with Athens as its starting poi...
- Solo Art Exhibition: Wreckage Adrift "Concepts are intertwined with the processes employed in ...
- Kivotos Art Projects 2014 Continuing its artistic activities on the island of Mykon...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...