A gathering therefore investigates how identities are treated and (re)defined at a time when the media are playing provocatively with national symbols and stereotypes. Greece, then, is a starting point, a paradigm; a spring board for a representation of the labyrinthian processes of memory and their production of meaning. The meaning of place then, questioned, redefined, fragmented into a series of autonomous worlds.
Andreas Angelidakis, Pierre Bismuth, Banu Cennetoglu & Sylvia Kouvali, Stefan Bruggemann, Sarah Crowner, Eirene Efstathiou, Claire Fontaine, Ivan Grubanov, Hadley+Maxwell, Istvan Laszlo, Miltos Manetas, Costas Masseras, Ciprian Muresan, Anja Kirschner & David Panos, Maria Papadimitriou, Christos Papoulias, Eftihis Patsourakis, Dan Perjovschi, Olaf Nicolai, Pia Rönicke, Tobias Rehberger, Yann Sérandour, Nasan Tur, Vangelis Vlahos, Oriol Vilanova, Carla Zaccagnini, Ala Younis.
Curated by Maria-Thalia Carras & Olga Hatzidaki
269 Peiraios Ave, Tavros, Athens
A Gathering At Peiraios 260
A series of both Greek and international artists have been asked to produce a response in the form of a poster to some sort of lived experience or imaginary association they might have of Greece. This association could be completely personal, or public, political, abstract or representative, clearly linked to some defining memory of a conversation, an image, an event, an emotion, or even a place discovered haphazardly from research.
Monday, June 25, 2012
- ACS Athens Faculty-Student Show Join us for a night of song, dance and laughter, as a cas...
- 16th International Exhibition “Education & Career” Under the current difficult economic conditions, the Inte...
- In Conversation With Michael Wolff Legendary designer and branding expert Michael Wolff, co-...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Melina Mercouri Street @ Benaki Museum To mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Melina Merco...
- Photography Exhibition ‘Strolling’ In the exhibition area of the Artist Easel-Nox Building a...