Participants: Pravdoliub Ivanov/Bulgaria, Νemanja Nikolic/Serbia, Marko Tadic/Croatia, Ender Gelcec/Turkey, Stela Vula/Albania, Dušica Dražić & Sam Hopkins/ Serbia & Kenya, Jana Stojakovic/Serbia, Filippos Gountzos/Greece-Albania, Vasilis Chantzopoulos/Greece, Fani Sofologi/Greece, Em Kei & Nicolaich/Greece
Inter Alios is a collaborative art book. Ten artists have created its pages under the theme of 'common roots, cultural components' but also, 'the common collective consciousness' shared by Mediterranean countries. At a time when the spectacle and reality of globalization has led to the subjugation of cultural voices in preference to the fortification and preservation of national identity, the people of the Mediterranean are an interesting example where the close physical proximity has strengthened the interchange of cultural characteristics of different national identities ensuring a shared endurance and resilience and giving a distinctive voice.
Participants: Vasilis Asimakopoulos, Alexis Avlamis, Antonis Volanakis, Yiannis Grigoriadis, Georgia Kotretsos, Eva Marathaki, Athena Nicholaou, George Papadatos, Nikos Papadimitriou, Artemis Potamianou
Until June 15, 2012
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 6.30 - 9.30pm, Sunday & Saturday closed
14, Ag. Eleoussis & Protogenous, http://www.openshowstudio.gr
Bound and Inter Alios at the OpenShowstudio
OpenShowstudio presents two parallel exhibitions, Βound, co-curated by Sofia Touboura, Maria Lianou, Nana Sachini and Inter Alios curated by Artemis Potamianou. Under the multiple readings of the title, “Bound” presents artists from the Balkan region. Given that the issue of ever-reforming identities is constantly present in the region—where historical, racial, political, gender, artistic, ontological terms are at stake—the exhibition explores the interrelationship of participants within this reality of continuous flux, their interaction with and their attitude towards it. Artists from different starting points and backgrounds and looking towards different directions, each one with his/her own artistic language, negotiate issues of how to define and abolish limits, divisions and restrictions, in a direct and caustic manner.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
- Eros At a.antonopoulou Art Gallery Beetroot presents their new solo exhibition entitled “Ero...
- Christmas Service Information Around Athens If you'd like to attend Christmas services in Athens this...
- Future Library Unconference 2013 The Future Library Unconference is a multicultural and in...
- Ornamentism Workshop At Benaki Museum The workshop is designed for students, architects, design...
- Think Social, Act Business: Conference As part of our EUNIC (European Union National Institutes ...
- Opportunities & Challenges in a Time of Crisis The Institute for Innovation and Creativity at ACS Athens...