The exhibition has already been shown in France and the US. For its Greek showing, the collection will be shown alongside works by artists who experimented with the form of jewellery.
Don't miss it!
May 2012 to 2 Sep 2012
Benaki Museum, Main Building
Koumpari Street& Vasilissis Sofias Avenue, 10674, Athens
Nearest Metro : Syntagma (Line 2 & 3)
Full admission : € 7 Temporary Exhibition: € 5
Full admission : € 5
Temporary Exhibition : € 3
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 9:00 - 17:00
Thursday: 9:00 - 24:00
Sunday: 9:00 - 15:00
Artists’ Jewellery: From Picasso to Koons
The exhibition From Picasso to Koons. Artists’ Jewellery at Benaki Museum presents a selection of jewellery designed by some of the greatest artists of the second half of the 20th century and the start of the 21st. Pieces by Stephen Antonakos, Ben, Louise Bourgeois, Georges Braque, Alexander Calder, César, Giorgio de Chirico, Jean Cocteau, André Derain, Max Ernst, Ablerto Giacometti, Keith Haring, Jeff Koons, Fernand Leger, Roy Lichtenstein, Yoko Ono, Pablo Picasso and Man Ray, are just some of the works shown, most of which constitute part of the personal collection of the exhibition curator Diane Venet.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
- Daniel Egnéus’ Drawings Of An Everyday Walk In Athens Daniel Egnéus decided to do these drawings of Athens as a...
- Algis Kemezys' Born In Stone Internationally exhibited photographic artist Algis Kemez...
- Exhibition: Painting ΙΙΙ at Frissiras Museum Frissiras museum presents the exhibition “PAINTING III (2...
- Video: The Draconian Decision Of The German Drachma What would happen if Germany was poor and Greece was rich...
- Embracing Neolithic Couple Found In Diros Cave A rare Neolithic-era find of the skeletons of a couple em...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...