Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- The Fourth OpenWalk Athens On Sunday, November 2, 2014, the Fourth OpenWalk Athens t...
- Volunteer Opportunities In Hellenic Ornithological Society Hellenic Ornithological Society is a conservation non-gov...
- Greek Films To Watch Cinephile website tasteofcinema.com wrote an article tryi...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Free Entrance to Acropolis Museum On October 28 On the occasion of the Greek National Holiday of Tuesday ...
- Feta with the Queen - Review It can’t be easy. Performing a 60-minute stand-up comedy ...