Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Historical Building In Athens To Be Restored I have often daydreamed, if I had the means, which of the...
- Summer Exhibition 2014 A collection of photos by Marina Vernikou, Venia Bechraki...
- Allyson Vieira Presents Her Solo Exhibition The Breeder presents Allyson Vieira' s first solo exhibit...
- 730 Art Days / Artwall The ARTWALL is celebrating 2 years of initiation during w...
- Artistic Jewelry Exhibition "A Jewel Made In Greece" The exhibition "A jewel made in Greece" was first launche...
- Modern Greek Painting: Evolution Of The Human Form The evolution of the human form in modern Greek painting,...