Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- MIRfestival 2014 The MIRfestival is an international contemporary art fest...
- Gallery Weekend 2014 In Athens The Hellenic Art Galleries Association, after the admitte...
- Libraries, Innovation And Entrepreneurship The 10th international conference: "Libraries, Innovation...
- Exhibition: Time Got Knicked Around Art Professionals-In-Athens Residency and Gerasimos Kappa...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- The Meet Market At Romantso Remember, remember the 3rd weekend of November, because T...