Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Days Of Christmas And New Year With “Encardia” Four unique events in the spirit of the season for young ...
- Amphipolis In Top 10 Discoveries Of 2014 The Tomb of Amphipolis is among the Top 10 Discoveries of...
- Christmas Church Services & Carols Around Athens If you'd like to attend Christmas services and enjoy some...
- Meet Market "The Christmas Edition" Tis the season to be jolly... to gather with friends and ...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Free IT Lessons For The Unemployed The pilot program is created in cooperation with Microsof...