Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Santorini Arts Factory: A New Cultural Venue The cultural life of Santorini island erupts again with t...
- Mobile Photo Exhibition - Green Project Org A mobile photo exhibition with Athens as its starting poi...
- Solo Art Exhibition: Wreckage Adrift "Concepts are intertwined with the processes employed in ...
- Kivotos Art Projects 2014 ontinuing its artistic activities on the island of Mykono...
- Painting Exhibition: Summer 2014 Zoumboulakis Gallery hosts a summer group exhibition from...
- ‘Boroume’ Campaign Seeks To Put Surplus Fruit To Good Use Orange trees lend splashes of color to her garden. Year a...