Across the sea, in the European Mediterranean coast, the Byzantine-Arabic churches of Palermo in Sicily and the palace of the Alhambra in Granada.
General admission: € 7
Reduced : € 5
Journalists : € 1
Free admission every Wednesday (optional contribution € 1) and on International Museum Day (18 May)
Benaki Islamic Art Museum
Ag. Assomaton 22 & Dipilou 12, Keramikos,
Until September 16, 2012
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 09.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00 - 21.00
Admission 1 - 7 euro
Arabs in the Mediterranean
The exhibition is a photographic journey by Dora Minaidi and Maria Fakidi to the Arab lands of the Mediterranean. From Syria and Jordan the photographic journey captures the Byzantine provinces as they meet the Arab palaces and castles, the Roman ruins of Palmyra with its Christian churches and the ancient Arabic Nabatean Petra in the desert of Wadi Rum. The African coast of the Mediterranean of Libya and Morocco are presented with its Greco-Roman cities of Sabratha and Leptis Magna, the Byzantine Apollonia with the Berber settlements as well as the kasbat in Morocco.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- “The Journey": A Look Behind The Scenes We’re back with “The Journey” again—the film I spent twen...
- Eros At a.antonopoulou Art Gallery Beetroot presents their new solo exhibition entitled “Ero...
- Christmas Church Services & Carols Around Athens If you'd like to attend Christmas services and enjoy some...
- Future Library Unconference 2013 The Future Library Unconference is a multicultural and in...
- Ornamentism Workshop At Benaki Museum The workshop is designed for students, architects, design...
- Think Social, Act Business: Conference As part of our EUNIC (European Union National Institutes ...