AHEPA Efforts Help People of Greece
The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association, a leading membership-based association for the nation's three million American citizens of Greek heritage and Philhellenes, will mobilize its chapters, and work in cooperation with the International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), to help with humanitarian relief efforts for the people of Greece, announced Supreme President Dr. John Grossomanides.
"The humanitarian crisis in Greece is dire,” Dr. Grossomanides said. “This is an opportunity to answer a clarion call to help the people of Greece. We appeal to Greek American organizations and the community at large to answer the call."
How AHEPA Will Help
• Identifying private sector/corporate partners to donate medical supplies.
• Making available its 501(c)(3) AHEPA Foundation, Inc. to receive contributions that will directly pay for the shipment and acquisition of medical supplies and food.
• Mobilizing AHEPA Greece chapters to liaison with the Greek Ministry of Education to execute a food voucher program for schools.
• Partner with International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) to assist with acquisition of medical supplies and food.
• Mobilizing AHEPA family chapters.
• Outreaching to all Greek American organizations asking them to contribute financially to
AHEPA’s program. Funds will go directly to pay for the shipment of medical supplies and food.
"AHEPA's inquiry into how the organization could assist for a national level began October 2011," said Dr. Grossomanides, who is also leveraging his professional relationships in the pharmaceutical industry to seek assistance. "AHEPA examined the logistical challenges to providing aid efficiently and cost-effectively to those in need with meetings with the IOCC and the Embassy of Greece in Washington and came to the conclusion that this was the best course of action. In the interim, our fourteen chapters in Greece have been providing critical services to their respective communities whether it has been purchasing medical supplies or equipment for hospitals or feeding the needy."
He added, "We look forward to working in partnership with the IOCC, an extremely effective relief organization, to assist with the acquisition of medical supplies and food." Charlotte Chapter Donates $5,000 to AHEPA Foundation, Inc.
AHEPA Marathon Chapter 2, Charlotte, N.C., has answered the call to help by making a $5,000 donation to AHEPA Foundation, Inc. that will directly pay for the shipment and acquisition of medical supplies and food. The chapter made the presentation to Supreme President Dr. Grossomanides at an event held in Charlotte, Saturday, February 11, 2011.
• To donate to AHEPA Foundation, Inc. online, please visit www.ahepa.org and click "Contribute"
Source: AHEPA Mobilizes: An Executive Summary
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- Days Of Christmas And New Year With “Encardia” Four unique events in the spirit of the season for young ...
- Amphipolis In Top 10 Discoveries Of 2014 The Tomb of Amphipolis is among the Top 10 Discoveries of...
- Christmas Church Services & Carols Around Athens If you'd like to attend Christmas services and enjoy some...
- Meet Market "The Christmas Edition" Tis the season to be jolly... to gather with friends and ...
- Latest News On Strikes In Athens Greek workers and their unions have taken part in multipl...
- Free IT Lessons For The Unemployed The pilot program is created in cooperation with Microsof...